Our Employment team, through our extensive experience of UK employment law and workplace issues, provides high-quality, pragmatic, commercial advice to leading domestic and international companies and financial institutions, as well as to smaller businesses, government agencies and individuals.
Our employment law services include:
- Drafting employment contracts, including mandated provisions under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) for FCA/PRA-regulated institutions
- Employment tribunal claims of all kinds - both statutory and contractual
- Workplace disputes, including grievances and disciplinary matters
- Reviewing company policies and preparing staff handbooks
- Company restructures, including contract changes and redundancies
- All issues arising from business transfers and service provision changes (TUPE)
- Expatriate employment arrangements, including secondments
- Discrimination and harassment under the Equality Act 2010 including sex, race and disability claims
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal claims
- Whistle-blowing cases, including interim relief applications
- Advising on employee ill-health and stress at work
- Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements
- Advising on post-termination restrictions and protecting confidential information
- Dealing with claims for injunctive relief
- Terminating the employment of senior executives and directors
- Working time and atypical working arrangements
- Industrial relations advice
- GDPR issues in the workplace
We also provide:
- A helpline service, advising on every aspect of staffing and employment law, including managing staff with poor attendance, performance or conduct
- Advice on benefits packages and rewards
- Employment law and human resources training, including introducing overseas clients to UK law and cultural practices
- Newsletters to keep you abreast of significant developments in employment law
Experienced Employment Lawyers London
Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune Global 500 organisations. We act for many international companies, including those from China, Japan and Korea. We are specialists in providing practical legal advice on transferring or seconding expatriates to the UK, identifying risks and producing compliant paperwork. Our advice can extend to providing bespoke documentation, including directors’ service agreements, consultancy agreements and employment contracts.
Our team is expert in handling complex whistle-blowing claims, including interim relief applications and more common ones like discrimination and unfair dismissal. We also assist with enforcing restrictive covenants, through the courts if necessary.
It is more important than ever for businesses in the financial services sector to have legally compliant employment contracts and policies in place and to receive sound advice on the impact of SMCR on recruitment and references, disciplinary and performance procedures, and remuneration packages. Our team can guide you through FCA and PRA regulations, working closely with our Commercial team in regulatory and compliance matters.
We provide comprehensive and strategic industrial relations advice for those of our clients who need to deal with staff trade unions.
Why choose 3CS?
Our Employment team’s strength lies in the breadth and depth of its experience in the areas our clients most require it. We are familiar with typical challenges encountered by our clients, many from the Asia-Pacific region, across sectors as diverse as financial services, construction, technology, hospitality and government.
We have particular expertise in handling complex discrimination and whistle-blowing claims, reorganisations and industrial relations problems. We are practical and solution-driven lawyers focusing on resolving disputes in the most cost-effective way and avoiding claims wherever possible. When matters turn litigious, as they sometimes do, our team members are ready to represent clients, applying their extensive experience in conducting litigation in tribunals and courts up to the Supreme Court. An additional service that our clients much appreciate is the bespoke training we provide to up-skill managers and human resources professionals in UK employment law and practice.
Contact our Employment Lawyers for Businesses
For practical and commercial employment law advice for your business, contact our employment lawyers today.